Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blog 25: Mentorship

LIA Response to blog:

Literal
· Log
· Carlos Partida (626) 374-0054

Interpretive
What is the most important thing you gained from this experience? Why?
I'd like to think the most important thing I have learned from this experience is the significance of consistency.  All of the students have gone a long way since the day I got there. The training is insane, and the fact that they are persistent and always come back really helped with the results they obtained. The consistent training did not only help with changes within their body, but also with their fighting strategies and techniques. I would also like to mention the fact that they use little to no equipment for training. They use resistance bands, gloves, and pads. That's it. Most of the workouts are done using body weight, and it shows that if someone really is dedicated and determined, they can find a way to workout without expensive equipment. I really liked that aspect of training. 

Applied
How has what you've done helped you to answer your EQ? Please explain.
Unfortunately, I got my mentorship really late in the game. I already had my answers to my essential question, which is, "What is the best way for an overweight teenager to reach a healthy weight?" However, I am extremely glad of the fact that it reinforces my third answer, "making a fitness plan and sticking to it." Mondays and Wednesdays workout arms or legs. They alternate. Saturdays are always glove work. Although the eating portion of a fitness plan was left up to each individual, their training was the same, and you could tell who had completed their duty of eating a clean diet, and who had not. The training made sure they had all of their body worked out, both cardiovascular and resistance training, and recovery days. Many of the overweight beginners that became involved with the program at the same time I started my mentorship, are well on their way towards a healthy weight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment